IT Helpdesk Team Leader
We have a brilliant new role as a IT Helpdesk Team Leader at the ever-growing Think Cloud. It’s an excellent opportunity for an individual to join a multi award-winning “Britain’s 50 best managed IT companies.”
The perfect candidate will have previous IT experience and excellent interpersonal skills. In this role you will be providing IT support for Microsoft’s core business applications, operating systems and Cloud environments.
- IT Support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications, operating systems and Cloud environments.
- IT Support relating to technical issues involving Google’s Cloud Workspace technologies and environments.
- Support of disaster recovery solutions.
- Basic technical support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security.
- Basic remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Remote Desktop, ScreenConnect, TeamViewer, Logmein etc.
- Monitor the remote monitoring and management system alerts and notifications, and respond accordingly through service tickets.
- System documentation maintenance and review in ConnectWise and IT Glue.
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes, and agreed outages.
- Mentor, advise, and assist other members of the Help Desk team to improve their knowledge, abilities and communication skills both internally and to customers.
- Be an escalation point to the Helpdesk Apprentices and assist with escalating tickets further.
- Follow current processes and assist in developing further processes for all staff to use.
Additional duties and responsibilities
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction.
- Fast turnaround of customer requests.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Work with the Service Desk Dispatcher to ensure requests are routed to the proper resource in order to be resolved quickly and efficiently.
- Escalate service requests that require engineer level support.
- Responsible for entering time and expenses in ConnectWise as they occur.
- Understand processes in ConnectWise by completing assigned training materials and blueprints on the ConnectWise University.
- Enter all work as service tickets in ConnectWise.
Skills & Knowledge
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Advanced understanding of operating systems, business applications, printing systems, and network systems.
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care.
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately.
- Service awareness of all organization’s key services for which support is being provided.
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide services.
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment.
- Educational/Vocational/Previous Experience Recommendations:
- A completed NVQ Level 3 Qualification in an IT related field.
- Microsoft MS-100 M365 Identity and Service MCP
- Google Workspace Deployment Services Credential
- 2 or more years of IT or related experience.
Why work for us
Personal and Professional Growth:
Think Cloud invests heavily in its employees, providing them with opportunities to learn new skills, advance
their careers, and take on new challenges. This can be a major draw for employees who are looking to grow and develop their careers.
Collaboration and Teamwork:
Think Cloud has a strong culture of collaboration and teamwork. Employees are encouraged to work together to solve problems and achieve common goals. This creates a more positive and supportive work environment, where employees feel valued and respected.
Competitive salaries and benefits:
Think Cloud offers competitive salaries and benefits packages. This can be a major draw for employees who
are looking for financial security and a good work-life balance.
Opportunity to work on cutting-edge technology:
Think Cloud is at the forefront of technological innovation. This gives employees the opportunity to work on
cutting-edge technology and be involved in projects that are making a real difference in the world.
Sense of purpose and satisfaction
Think Cloud has a strong sense of purpose and mission. This gives employees a sense of satisfaction in
knowing that their work is making a positive impact.
Direct improvement of soft and hard skills:
Think Cloud puts people first and invests in their development, giving employees the opportunity to improve
their soft and hard skills directly. This can make them more marketable to other employers and help them
advance their careers.
About the employer
Think Cloud is a multi award-winning “Britain’s 50 Best Managed IT Companies” team with over two decades of experience helping businesses, from Local Government, Education, Ministry Of Defence Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Engineering, and Financial sectors. We are now proud to support more than 150+ customers, working with a wide range of businesses that are the most innovative and creative in their respective fields.