The Office Apprentice will be welcomed into a busy office at ATR Building Supplies, working within a fast paced environment. This is a varied admin role and responsibilities will develop over time.
- Taking phone calls i.e. messages, general inquiries, booking appointments for surveyors, speaking with homeowners & clients, speaking with trades/sub-contractors.
- Emailing – answering general enquiries, sending out claim specific documents, advising homeowners & clients of updates surrounding their claim, checking through expected deliveries
- Duties will also include booking accommodation, updating spreadsheets and use of Microsoft packages
- Manual filing and electronic filing, ensuring all documents are filed within correct folders with correct members of staff, storing of sensitive information, shredding of old documents.
Skills and knowledge
- Interested in learning all aspects of business administration.
- Enjoys talking to customers and has a polite and calm telephone manner.
- Attitude is key and if you are willing to learn the role can really develop.
- A basic knowledge of Microsoft Word / Excel is a must.
- Good with time keeping.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced office environment.
- Good spelling and grammar.
About the employer
ATR Building Services are a building maintenance company based in the city of Hull, but operating extensively throughout the UK. We carry out general maintenance on domestic and commercial properties including the provision of specialist design services.
Our management have over 25 years experience in all aspects of building maintenance covering both structure along with all mechanical, civil and electrical services.