Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of the Prevention and Control of Infection in Health Care Settings
About 300,000 patients develop an infection in England each year while being treated by the NHS. Protecting people from infection is a really important part of providing high-quality care, especially as some life-threatening infections can spread easily within care environments.
In this course, you will gain the skills you need to tackle the risk of infection in your workplace. The course covers procedures and regulations surrounding infection control, as well as the importance of maintaining a clean environment.
- Understand the purpose and principles of infection control and the procedures
- Understand how regulations inform policy and practice
- Understand roles, responsibilities, principles and processes in relation to cleaning, decontamination and waste management
- Understand the role of risk assessments
- Learn the importance of maintaining a clean environment
- Learn the sterilisation process
- Learn how to safely handle laundry
- Learn how to safely handle sharps
Online and Paper-based
You must live in England and be over 19 years old to be eligible.