An exciting opportunity has arisen for an IT Apprentice to join Just Gilbey IT Solutions. The role will include working within a small IT company, performing a range of IT troubleshooting and problem solving tasks.
- Answering general phone calls and IT Support calls
- Working internally within our own helpdesk system
- Providing remote/onsite support for end user and businesses for both Desktop’s and Servers
- Proactively monitoring systems
- Responding to incoming alerts/tickets in a timely manner
- Occasionally working on IT Projects with the IT Manager
- Following processes along with helping create/document new processes
Skills & Knowledge
- Willing to pick up and learn new technology and systems and be able to use their own initiative to move forward.
- A real passion for IT and going above and beyond is a must, due to the nature of our work and the values within our company.
- Active Directory Administration
- Server Administration
- Office 365 Administration
- Network Troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office Applications (Office 2010 – Office 365)
- Eagerness to Learn
- Customer Service Skills
- General people skills
- Common Sense Attitude
- What/Why/How can I help Attitude
About the employer
Why Work For Us?
- Working with an upcoming business with lots of training and first hand experience
- Interesting IT projects
- Opportunity to gain further training and upskill
- A lot to be learnt from a wide variety of systems
- Ability to grow with company
With over a decade of experience with in-house IT departments and Managed IT Service Providers, we have a distinct skill set that enables us to deeply understand the needs of our clients, from both a technical and non-technical viewpoint.
It is not enough to simply know a bit about IT, if the systems in place are not usable or benefit the business, people or processes you are meant to help and protect.
We strive to be different.
We love IT, but the fun in IT for us, is constantly improving, automating and showcasing to others what IT can do. We want to educate our clients on how IT can help, explain complex problems in simple terms and more importantly, be human and talk to people.