A traineeship is an education and training programme with work experience that is focused on giving young people the skills and experience that employers are looking for.
A traineeship involves work preparation training, English and maths for those who need it and a high quality work placement.
In many cases, the traineeship leads onto an apprenticeship either with the same employer, where the work experience was completed or with one of the many other apprenticeship vacancies available via HBTC.
HBTC also provide a weekly bursary and all travel costs are covered whilst they are on the traineeship scheme.
What are the benefits of traineeships?
- It will put you in the best position to compete for an apprenticeship or job
- Enhance your CV by gaining valuable work experience that employers are looking for
- Improving your English and maths, if needed
- Increase your employability and boost your chances of getting a job. It will also increase your earning potential over your lifetime
- At the end of your work placement, you will receive an exit interview and a reference
- Bursary and travel costs covered.
- The traineeship scheme does NOT affect any out of work benefit