Level 2 Certificate in Event Planning
This Event Planning qualification will introduce you to the skills that are required to plan, organise and evaluate events by developing their knowledge and understanding.
Areas covered include marketing methods and resources, market research, human resources, communication and customer service relevant to events.
Studying via distance learning means you can choose when and where you study. We ensure you get all the support you need throughout your course in the form of a personal Tutor and a Learner Support Advisor.
Unit 1: Planning an event
- Section 1: The extent of the events industry
- Section 2: The scope of the event planner role
- Section 3: Planning an event
- Section 4: Planning for contingencies
- Section 5: The need for health, safety and security measures.
Unit 2: Reviewing and evaluating an event
- Section 1: The importance of review and evaluation
- Section 2: The sources of information available for evaluating an event
- Section 3: The range of tool available for event evaluation
- Section 4: Planning the evaluation of an event.
Unit 3: Marketing and market research for event planning
- Section 1: Understand why market research is important
- Section 2: The methods and resources available for marketing
- Section 3: Planning the marketing of an event.
Unit 4: Planning human resources for events
- Section 1: Understand how an event is managed
- Section 2: Understand the team which contribute to an event
- Section 3: Understand the human resource requirements for an event.
Unit 5: Communication and customer service for events
- Section 1: Understand the importance of communication at events
- Section 2: Understand equality and diversity in relation to events
- Section 3: Understand why customer service is important at an event
- Section 4: Produce guidance on expected standards of customer service for staff use.
The benefits of this course include:
- You will gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Establish a long-standing career pathway within the hospitality and customer service sectors
- This course is delivered via distance learning, allowing you to choose when and where you study
- Study will enhance both your personal skills and professional development
- Personal Tutors are assigned to you to ensure you have the support needed to succeed.
8-12 weeks average course length
Online learning materials with online assessment
To be eligible for funding you must be aged 19 or over, have been living in the European Union for the last 3 years and have not previously completed the course you are wanting to enrol on.
If you do not complete the course, you may be liable to a £100 resource and registration fee.