Level 2 Certificate In Counselling Skills
This counselling skills qualification will help develop your knowledge and skills around counselling by looking at counselling theories, key elements of the main theoretical approaches and will help you to develop self-understanding and reflect on your own values and beliefs.
Successfully completing this qualification will help enable you to provide support and help to others.
- If you choose to study the fully paper-based course, you will need to have an appropriate witness available to complete a witness statement for you as part of the Unit 4 assessment
- If you choose to study the paper-based course with online assessments, you will need to either film yourself demonstrating particular skills, or have an appropriate witness available to complete a witness statement for you as part of the Unit 4 assessment.
*The witness must hold a qualification in counselling skills and The Skills Network may contact the witness to validate their qualifications and experience.
Unit 1: Using counselling skills
In this unit, you will learn to identify core counselling skills alongside understanding how these are practised in a counselling relationship. You will gain an understanding of how to establish an effective working relationship and will consider the boundaries which need to be respected in this sensitive role.
Unit 2: Introduction to counselling skills theories
This unit will introduce you to the key elements of the main theoretical approaches in counselling, psychodynamics, person-centred therapy and cognitive behavioural therapy. There are key practical differences between these theories and you will hone your skills in understanding the significant importance of counselling theory.
Unit 3: Diversity and ethics in the use of counselling skills
This unit covers the concepts of diversity and ethics. You will gain an understanding of anti-discriminatory practice, discover the key aspects of an ethical framework, and discover ways to address diversity in counselling skills practice.
Unit 4: Counselling skills and personal development
This unit encourages you to develop self-understanding, identifying your own values and beliefs and the ability to reflect on your personal qualities and skills.
The benefits of this course include:
- Learn from your own home, in your own time
- Achieve a nationally recognised level 2 qualification
- Access to award-winning learning and assessment materials
- Subject specialist support from a Tutor and access to a Learner Support Advisor for everyday queries
8-12 weeks average course length
Paper based learning materials with online assessment
Paper based learning materials and paper based assessment
To be eligible for funding you must be aged 19 or over, have been living in the European Union for the last 3 years and have not previously completed the course you are wanting to enrol on.
If you do not complete the course, you may be liable to a £100 resource and registration fee.