Level 2 Allergy Awareness for those Working with Children
The Allergy Awareness for those Working with Children qualification is suitable for a wide range of learners who wish to develop their knowledge and understanding of allergy awareness. It is designed for those who wish to understand allergies, the causes of allergies and what to do in case of an allergic reaction.
Unit 1: Allergens, allergies and intolerances
- Section 1: Understand food allergens, allergies and intolerances.
- Section 2: Know the methods for allergy diagnosis and treatment.
- Section 3: Know the methods for intolerance diagnosis and treatment.
Unit 1 Summary:
In this unit, you will learn the background knowledge behind allergies, allergens and intolerances. They will also gain an understanding of how allergies and intolerances are diagnosed and treated.
Unit 2: Food labelling and packaging
- Section 1: Understand the importance of food labelling.
- Section 2: Understand regulations for food labelling.
- Section 3: Understand packaging regulations.
Unit 2 Summary:
In Unit 2, you will look at the different types of food labels and why they are so important in keeping those with allergies safe. You will then come to understand the regulations surrounding food labelling and be able to recognise when a label is incorrect.
Unit 3: Allergy awareness for those working with children
- Section 1: Know the signs and effects of allergic reactions.
- Section 2: Understand how to reduce the risk of an allergic reaction.
Unit 3 Summary:
Unit 3 is specific to working with children. You will learn how to recognise the signs and symptoms of allergic reactions on different body parts and how to perform first aid on those who have experienced a severe reaction. Learners will then look at what can be done in order to reduce the risk in terms of medication, avoidance and medical ID jewellery.
The benefits of this course include:
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Establish a long-standing career pathway within the health and social care sector
- This course is delivered via distance learning, allowing you to choose when and where you study
- Study will enhance both your personal skills and professional development
- Personal tutors are assigned to you to ensure you have the support needed to succeed.
8-12 weeks average course length
Paper based learning materials and paper based assessment or
Paper based learning materials with online assessment
Online learning materials with online assessment
To be eligible for funding you must be aged 19 or over, have been living in the European Union for the last 3 years and have not previously completed the course you are wanting to enrol on.
If you do not complete the course, you may be liable to a £100 resource and registration fee.