makes use of the information you give the company when you use this website.
If you are asked to provide information when using this website, it will only be used in the ways described
This policy is updated from time to time. The latest version is published on this page.
If you have any questions about this policy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to: HBTC, 2 Charlotte
Street Mews, Hull, HU1 3BP.
We gather and use certain information about individuals in order to provide products and services and to
enable certain functions on this website.
We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely,
relevant information to them.
What data we gather
We may collect the following information:
- Name and date of birth
- Contact information including email address and telephone number
- Demographic information, such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Website usage data
- Other information relevant to client enquiries
- Other information pertaining to special offers and surveys
How we use this data
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking from the company, enabling us to deliver
improved products and services.
Specifically, we may use data:
- For our own internal records.
- To improve the products and services we provide.
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry.
- To customise the website for you.
- To send you promotional emails about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
- To send you promotional mailings or to call you about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
- To contact you via email, telephone or mail for market research reasons.
Cookies and how we use them
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your
computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or
functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the
website and what pages they tend to visit.
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
- Identify whether you are signed in to our website. A cookie allows us to check whether you are signed in to the site.
- Test content on our website. For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content.
- Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
- To recognise when you return to our website. We may show your relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that
which you choose to share with us.
want our website to store cookies on your computer or device, you should set your web browser to
However, please note that doing this may affect how our website functions. Some pages and services
may become unavailable to you.
To learn more about cookies and how they are used, visit All About Cookies.
Controlling information about you
We have many forms on our website, each requiring your information for a specific purpose. When you
fill in a form or provide your details on our website, you are agreeing for your details to be used for the
purpose stated by the form and you may see one or more tick boxes allowing you to opt-in to receive
marketing communications from us by email, telephone, text message or post.
If you have agreed that we can use your information for marketing purposes, you can change your mind
easily, via one of these methods:
- Send an email to email@example.com.
- Write to us at: HBTC, 2 Charlotte Street Mews, Hull, HU1 3BP.
- Respond to any emails received from HBTC requesting to be removed.
- Completing our online form to update your preferences.
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your
permission or the law requires us to.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our information security
policy, in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
We will always hold your information securely.
To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical
and electronic security safeguards.
We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with the Data
Protection Act 1998.
Links from our site
Our website may contain links to other websites.
Please note that we have no control of websites outside the hbtc.co.uk domain. If you provide
information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.
Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data protection and privacy policies