Healthcare Receptionist Apprentice
This Apprentice ContenSt Andrews Surgery is looking for someone friendly and organised to join their team as a Healthcare Receptionist Apprentice.
- Opening up/locking up of Practice premises and maintaining security in accordance with Practice protocols
- Maintaining and monitoring the Practice appointments system
- Processing personal and telephone requests for appointments, visits and telephone consultations and ensuring callers are directed to the appropriate healthcare professional
- Processing and distributing incoming (and outgoing) mail
- Taking messages and passing on information
- Filing and retrieving paperwork
- Processing repeat prescriptions in accordance with Practice guidelines
- Computer data entry/data allocation and collation, processing and recording information in accordance with Practice procedures
- Initiating contact with and responding to requests from patients, other team members and associated healthcare agencies and providers
- Providing clerical assistance to Practice and Trust staff as required from time to time, including word/data processing, filing, photocopying and scanning
- Provision of refreshments for staff and visits as required; keeping the kitchen area clean and tidy
- Keeping the reception area, notice-boards and leaflet dispensers tidy and free from obstructions and clutter.
About the employer
Our dedicated team are here to treat those minor ailments that occur as well as providing specialist management of long-term conditions and clinics covering a wide range of healthcare issues.