Take on a Trainee
A traineeship is a training programme that incorporates work experience to prepare young people for their future careers. Designed to help young people ages 16 to 18, traineeships help young people to gain skills and experience whilst providing them with work preparation and enhancing English and Maths skills. Traineeships offer employers the flexibility and opportunity to grow their business and enhance their workforce.
HOW WILL A trainee HELP MY COMPANY?
In addition to receiving assistance from HBTC with the recruitment of your trainee, a traineeship;
- is flexible, can be sector-focused and is funded by the government
- gives your current employees experience in training and mentoring
- allows you to design a programme that suits both the needs of your business and the needs of the trainee
- can help you increase capacity and productivity
- can help you develop a loyal and talented workforce
- allows you to help tackle youth unemployment
- is a route into an apprenticeship
- allows you to get to know and work with young people prior to recruiting apprentices